By definition, entrepreneurship involves taking risks. You, as an entrepreneur, will be perfectly able to oversee some of those risks. There are several risks, however, that you will probably never have never heard of before. That is why it is advisable to avail yourself of our services when acquiring or selling a business or when working together with other entrepreneurs (joint ventures). We specialise in identifying and limiting risks that you, as an entrepreneur, are not aware of, so that you can focus on your core business: entrepreneuring. We can advise and assist you in all phases: the preparatory phase, the transaction phase, the transfer (Closing) and the post-transaction phase (post-Closing).
In the preliminary phase we can advise and assist you, inter alia, in terms of:
- Getting your business ready for sale
- Analysis of the target company (“target”)
- Competition-law analysis
- Carrying out a vendor due diligence investigation (audit)
- Preliminary consultation with the target
In the transaction phase we can advise and assist you, inter alia, in terms of:
- Consultation with the works council and unions
- Transaction management
- Carrying out a due diligence investigation (audit)
- Drafting and negotiating the required transaction documents
- (Other) negotiations
- Effecting the transaction (closing)
In the post-transaction phase (post-closing) we can advise and assist you, inter alia, in terms of:
- Integration-promoting measures
- New board structure
- Relationship with mutual stakeholders
- Harmonisation of terms of employment and remuneration systems
- (Other) post-closing issues
De Haan Advocaten & Notarissen guarantees to provide you as an entrepreneur with a comprehensive service package. The legal discipline Mergers & Acquisitions & Joint Ventures (M&A) has many areas of overlap with, for example, labour law, competition law, intellectual property law and notarial law. Because we are a full-service firm, we have in-house knowledge of all areas of law. If your case covers multiple areas of law, we will combine knowledge from various legal areas. In addition, there is a fully integrated cooperation between the legal and notarial departments. We also maintain close contacts with tax advisers and corporate finance specialists.
This means that we can advise and assist you from A to Z on mergers, acquisitions and joint ventures. You as the entrepreneur decide which of our services you wish to use.
Examples of recent questions to our lawyers and notaries in the field of mergers & acquisitions (M&A) and joint ventures:
- I want to take over a business, but not all staff. What do I do?
- Is a due diligence investigation (audit) required if I want to acquire a business?
- Can you support our business in the negotiations and the transaction documents?
- How do I get my business ready for sale?
- How do I organise a controlled auction?
- How do I conduct the negotiations with the receiver to take over assets from the bankrupt estate?
- How do I arrange the business succession in a manner that is favourable for tax purposes?
- What arrangements do I have to make in the context of a joint venture?
De Haan Advocaten & Notarissen: the deal maker that you can rely on.