The complexity of real estate transactions and the demands imposed by parties are increasing and major interests may be involved. For real estate transactions to progress smoothly, assistance during purchase and sales processes is advisable. From start to finish. The same applies to construction and tenancy law situations. Good preparation is half the battle.
Real estate law has much in common with other legal areas such as administrative law, procurement law and contract law. Since we are a full-service firm, we are highly knowledgeable in all legal areas. If your case covers multiple legal areas, we bring knowledge from different legal areas together. In addition, there is a fully integrated collaboration between advocacy and notaryship.
Among other things, we can provide advice on and guidance with:
- the purchase, sale and transfer of (commercial) real estate;
- leasehold construction;
- apartment rights;
- construction (extra work, contractors, provisional sums);
- turnkey contracts;
- tax laws;
- tenancy law.
Examples of recent questions sent to our lawyers in relation to the field of real estate and rent:
- Am I, as a retail space tenant, eligible for rent protection? Is that different for office space?
- A lien is being put on my land. How can I stop this?
- What is the maximum rent that I can ask my tenant?
- The house I bought shows quite a few defects that I knew nothing about. Can I sue the seller?
- A contractor has performed work on my premises, but didn’t do it properly. How can I ensure that the contractor recovers this?
- Based on the current zoning plan I can not build on my land, but I want to expand. What are my options?
- Can the rent of retail space be adjusted in a different way than by using annual indexation? What about renting an office space?