Inheritance and Will

Inheritance and Will

Do you find that the basic rules are not sufficiently included in the law? Do you want to decide who gets what after your death? Do you wish to appoint a guardian for your underage children? Or do you want to disinherit someone? We can help you!

Who decides on the rules when it comes to your inheritance? Is it the law or you? If you do not have a will, the law will decide how your inheritance will be distributed. To determine how your inheritance will be divided, you must draw up a will. With a will, you can adjust laws to suit your personal situation or even do something completely different by naming your best friend as heir.

The costs of drawing up a will are almost always more than recouped in the future through our advice in the area of inheritance tax. Do you want to take full advantage of the possibilities offered by the law to transfer your assets as favourably as possible? We can also advise you on and assist you with estate planning . Particularly when it comes to larger estates, this can be very beneficial.

Among other things, we can put in writing:

  • that your children will only receive their inheritances after you ánd your partner are deceased;
  • that your young children will only receive their inheritances once they are financially responsible;
  • that your company is transferred to the next generation with the best use of tax facilities;
  • that your painting of Herman Brood ends up with your good friend after your death;
  • who will be a guardian for your children after your death;
  • that your children can claim their inheritance if their surviving parent is permanently living within a care facility;
  • that your children-in-law are not entitled to your inheritance.

Examples of recent questions to our solicitors:

  • Should inheritance tax be paid after my death? Shouldn’t everything go to the surviving person?
  • How can I ensure my life partner is cared for after I am gone?
  • We have a good relationship with the family. Is it necessary to record that my friend is allowed to live in my house after I die?
  • I'm divorced. Is that a reason to change my will?
  • I drew up a usufruct in 1978. Is that sufficient?
  • Whom can I, as a single person, leave the settlement of inheritance to?
  • Must I accept an inheritance?

Share this page