Great ideas (for the benefit of others) sprout when people come together and exchange ideas. Even large charitable organisations and foundations had humble beginnings with a few enthusiastic promoters that came together. At De Haan, we encourage such ideas wholeheartedly. To ensure that your ideas do not just remain ideas but can also be carried out, it is wise to use a legal structure that fits with the goal you want to achieve. Using the right legal structure that fits with your goal is one of our specialties. You can expect us to always be ready to advise you when it comes to the legal shaping of your organisation. Our services are not limited to setting up an association or foundation, but also include tax advice (for example, the regulations governing charities). You can trust that your organisation will be well-organised both legally and fiscally. Our (junior) solicitors are ready to help you, so do not hesitate to get in touch.
We can include advice on and guidance with:
- the choice between and the establishment of various legal entities, including associations and foundations, and adjusting/setting up your articles of association according to relevant (tax) legislation for charities;
- shaping testamentary foundations;
- the preliminary stage for holding a shareholders’ or members’ meetings and capturing the decisions taken therein;
- setting up your legal structure so that it fulfils the governance codes applicable to your industry.
Examples of recent questions sent to our solicitors:
- I want to establish a charitable foundation/association. Are these foundations/associations always eligible for the status of Algemeen Nut Beogende Instellingen (ANBI) [Public Benefit Organisations]?
- I want to start a football club. How does that work and what do I need to do?
- I want to enter into an agreement with a foundation or association. How do I know that the person I sign the contract with is authorised to do so on behalf of the foundation or association?
- As directors of a foundation or association, we believe that the statutes should be amended. How can we organise this and what are the requirements to do so?