Multi-disciplinary services in the field of Corporate/M&A is the key focus in Jaap de Bruijn's career. Jaap has wide (international) experience in both the legal profession and trade and industry. In addition, Jaap has a proven track record in the field of M&A (mergers and acquisitions and joint ventures), due diligence (audit), business law and contract law.
For Jaap it is essential to act as the client's confidant. In addition, the client's interest has always been Jaap's primary concern. By associating with De Haan Advocaten & Notarissen, continuity and full services are guaranteed for our clients.
Knowledge and Experience
After graduating from his law studies (civil law and business law) at Leiden University, Jaap started his career with the renowned law firm of De Brauw Blackstone Westbroek (cassation and general law practice and M&A). After three years, Jaap moved to Philips Medical Systems (Philips Healthcare), where he worked as a corporate lawyer. In 2000 Jaap joined HVG (a division of EY Law) as a lawyer, and later also as a partner. There, he led an M&A practice of the Amsterdam branch. Jaap has also worked for EY in Chicago, USA. During the HVG period, Jaap completed the Grotius "Mergers and Acquisitions" specialist training (2002). Jaap also gained extensive experience as a lawyer in the energy sector (both with suppliers and a network operator). In 2013 Jaap decided to set up his own business in the field of lawyer-related work under the name of VERITAS. Jaap can advise and assist you in Dutch as well as in English.
Jaap is a member of, inter alia:
- Rotary club Naarden-Bussum
- FIN Bedrijvenvereniging Naarden-Bussum (business association)
- Dutch Corporate Finance Association
- Vereniging voor Gezondheidsrecht (Health Law Association)
- Nederlandse Vereniging voor Energierecht (Dutch Association for Energy Law)
- Association for Corporate Growth NL (ACG Holland)
- BOBB Beroepsorganisatie voor Specialisten in Bedrijfsoverdracht (business association)